Powered By Blogger

Saturday, December 11, 2010

Dear Alice.

So, Alice.
I have decided to write to you.
I've decided that writing letters to you on here will be an easy way to keep them all in one place.
I'm thinking of printing the letters into a book when you're a little older, and giving them to you.

So here it goes.

Dear Alice,
You will be five years old in February. It's nearly Christmas, and its freezing outside. You're watching a Barbie movie and completely amazed that Barbie is in a band. When you sing, I smile because you're so beautiful.
Today I had a meeting for work. I'm on the board for fashion week. Im excited because i think it will open a lot of doors for our future. I am in hair school at Empire right now. Im doing well in school....REALLY well, for the first time ever...
Youre at little scholars, and Im trying to get you into collegiate next year. Your dad left for boot camp, and his fiance, rachel is pregnant with a baby girl named Ellsie. They will be stationed in florida... and im not sure where that leaves your relationship with him..
You are amazing. Your hair is so long and beautiful. Your imagination amazes me every day.
You're so smart. Everyone says that about their kids, but with you, its so true.
I sing you a lullaby every night since you were a tiny baby. We were still in the hospital when you heard it for the first time. I was nervous to sing it to you. I had just had you. i couldn't sleep a wink, and you were so fragile and small..

It is called Little bird. It's the lullaby that jewel's mom sang to her as a child.
I wonder sometimes if it's going to be the song that you hum to yourself without paying attention when you're older.
Maybe when you're doing the dishes, or in the shower, you'll sing it, and think of me.
Maybe you'll sing the song to your children.

I know that this letter is all over the place, and Im sorry. There is so much I want to say.
And now that I am writing this, it's making me think about your future. it is so bright.
You already have so many talents, and I cant wait to see what happens in your life. I never want anything to hurt you, or make you sad.
I love you alice. So much.

Mom.

No comments:

Post a Comment