Powered By Blogger

Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Today, Alice..

We went to Whole Foods market, and bought ingredients for dinner.
You made funny faces at the fish for sale, and whote the numbers on the bulk granola bags by your self.
I triple dog dared you to eat a calamari ring. You decided that may be a bad idea.
I had fun with you. But I usually do. You can make anything fun, Alice. That's what I love about you. Your smile is so bright, it could light a dark room with no electricity.
Youre the best girl I know.

Alice, have you ever heard a song so powerful, so beautiful that it made you cry?
Have you ever heard a song that made you get goosebumps?
I hope you have beautiful experiences with music.
Sometimes hearing Led Zeppelin reminds me of the year i met your dad, and we fell in love.
Sometimes, if I hear a song that reminds me of another time, I can close my eyes, lean my head back, and totally feel like I was back in that time. I can feel the breeze on my skin, taste the sweet air, and smell the honeysuckles in the feild by his house.

Led Zeppelin's song tangerine was our song. I can't say I listen to it much anymore. It usually makes me sad.
I hope you grow up loving music. So far, you have excellent taste, I must say.


I want you to know, Alice... that you were created out of love. I feel it's very important that you understand that.
Your father and I were very much in love. We will always be very much in love with you, that will never change. Never.
No matter how your father and I feel about eachother by the time you read this, that summer with him was one of the most beautiful summers of my life. We enjoyed eachothers company, and spent a lot of time outside. The weather that year was beautiful. When he went on a trip to italy, he visited the Island of capri, and mommy's friend Linsey helped him pick out a ring for mommy. I am saving it for you.

Even though that ring was never used for its intended purpose,
the love it holds it still important today.

I love you Alice, and I know times change.. But what you need to understand, is that people change their minds, but the True, Deep Love we have for some very special people... never changes.

i love you little bird.

mommy

1 comment:

  1. PS Alice, I'd like you to listen to this cover done by Florence and the Machine.. here are the lyrics.

    I've got some scattered pictures lying on my bedroom floor
    Reminds me of the times we shared
    Makes me wish that you were here


    Now it seems I've forgotten my purpose in this life
    All the songs have been erased
    Guess I've learned from my mistakes


    Open the past and present
    Now and we are there
    Story to tell and I am listening
    Open the past and present
    And the future too
    It's all I've got and I'm giving it to you


    Loose ends tied in knots
    Leaving a lump down in my throat
    Gagging on a souvenir
    Lodged to fill another year
    So drag it on and on until my skin is ripped to shreds
    Leaving myself wide open
    Living out a sacrifice


    Open the past and present
    Now and we are there
    Story to tell and I am listening
    Open the past and present
    And the future too
    It's all I've got and I'm giving it to you


    Open the past and present
    Now and we are there
    Story to tell and I am listening
    Open the past and present
    And the future too
    It's all I've got and I'm giving it to you


    If you got no one
    And I've got no place to go
    Would it be alright?
    Could it be alright?

    ReplyDelete